The PICASSO project has organized a policy webinar on “EU-US Collaboration for Digital Communities”, which has taken place on the 9th of May 2018 (05.00 p.m. UTC/07.00 p.m. CEST/1.00 p.m. EST).
The webinar discussed and refined policy recommendations designed to uncover opportunities for EU/US ICT collaboration on making best use of ICT technologies and services in fostering digital communities – specifically those related to three technological domains: 5G networks; Big Data; and the Internet of Things/Cyber-physical Systems (IoT/CPS).
The focus was set on digital communities and the ways EU and US technological communities can work together to foster the development and implementation of innovative models of social integration in order to address societal and practical challenges facing digital communities regarding mobility, security and territorial monitoring, health and well being, energy efficiency and environmental sustainability.
The interactive discussion incorporated results from the PICASSO technical domains as well as policy insights relating to Data Protection & Privacy, Security, Standardization, and Spectrum.
- Date and time:
- 9th May 2018
- 05.00 p.m. UTC / 07.00 p.m. CEST / 1.00 p.m. EST
- Duration: approx. 90 minutes
- Technical System: Adobe Connect
- Participation: Free of charge, but registration was required
- Download the webinar agenda
- More information: email@example.com
The recorded version of the webinar, as well as the presentations given, can be consulted here:
- Webinar “EU-US Collaboration for Digital Communities” (recorded version – free access via Adobe Connect)
- Webinar Summary
- Final Policy Briefing: PICASSO Policy Paper 5: Digital Communities and EU/US ICT development collaboration (May 2018)
PICASSO ICT Policy Expert Group
For more information on the PICASSO ICT Policy Expert Group, consult the ICT Policy Expert Group’s webpage.