The PICASSO project has organized a policy webinar on “EU-US Challenges & Opportunities in Autonomous Cyber-physical Systems”, which took place on the 16th of May 2018 (02.00 p.m. UTC/04.00 p.m. CEST/10.00 a.m. EST).
The Internet of Things (IoT) and cyber-physical systems (CPS) are key pillars for future smart technological systems and industrial infrastructures, and their enormous potential has been recognized in the EU and the US. The PICASSO project has developed a comprehensive analysis of the drivers, needs, and research and innovation priorities in the EU and the US in these technology domains and has identified autonomy in IoT-enabled cyber-physical systems as a key challenge in both, the EU and the US. To discuss, validate, and refine our findings, we will hold a webinar to which you are warmly invited.
The main objectives of the webinar were to discuss the current challenges in autonomy as well as suitable EU-US collaboration mechanisms with an international audience of IoT, CPS, and application experts and to generate new ideas and recommendations for EU-US research and innovation collaboration.
The details are:
- Date and time:
- 16th May 2018
- 02.00 p.m. UTC / 04.00 p.m. CEST / 10.00 a.m. EST
- Duration: approx. 60 minutes
- Technical System: Adobe Connect
- Participation: Free of charge, but registration was required.
- Download the webinar agenda
- More information: firstname.lastname@example.org
The recorded version of the webinar, as well as the presentations given, can be consulted here:
- Webinar “EU-US Challenges & Opportunities in Autonomous Cyber-physical Systems” (recorded version – free access via Adobe Connect)
 Download the report here: http://www.picasso-project.eu/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/PICASSO-Opportunity-Report_March-2017_revMar19.pdf