The PICASSO project has organized a policy webinar on “Standardization and its impact on EU-US ICT collaboration”, held on the 29th of September 2017 (03.00 p.m. UTC).
The webinar discussed and refined policy recommendations designed to improve EU/US ICT-orientated collaborations – specifically in three technological domains: 5G networks; Big Data; and the Internet of Things/Cyber-physical systems (IoT/CPS).
The focus was on the implications of fragmentation of standard setting processes around the three technological domains, taking into account the different approaches towards interoperability and standardization being taken in the USA and in Europe and the risks likely to affect the global market opportunities for ICTs in the two different regional landscapes.
The participatory and interactive webinar intended to validate initial conclusions based on a draft policy briefing on standardization and its impact on EU/US ICT collaboration, prepared by the PICASSO ICT Policy Expert Group. Following the webinar the policy briefing was updated with content stemming from the webinar discussions.
Date and time of the webinar:
- 29th September 2017
- 3:00 pm UTC (Coordinated Universal Time)
- Duration: approx. 90 minutes
- Technical System: Adobe Connect
- Participation: Free of charge, but registration was required (via Eventbrite)
- Agenda (PDF)
- More information: email@example.com
The recorded version of the webinar, as well as the presentations given, can be consulted here:
- Webinar “Standardization and its impact on EU-US ICT collaboration” (recorded version – free access via Adobe Connect)
- Webinar Summary
- PICASSO Policy Paper 3: Standardization issues affecting EU/US ICT development collaboration (October 2017)
PICASSO ICT Policy Expert Group
For more information on the PICASSO ICT Policy Expert Group, consult the ICT Policy Expert Group’s webpage.